10.08.2008

Housing.

So I've been looking into the areas around our next duty station. Yeah, I don't know exactly where we are going to move but I do know where we COULD move to. Haha. I am not making the same mistake that we made when we came to Guam.

Right now, I'm loving Great Lakes, Illinois. For one, it's freaking beautiful there & for two, their housing is beyond gorgeous. Since the housing market has gone to poo, we are going to stick with housing for awhile. Plus, Great Lakes has been demolishing & adding new housing for at least 2 years now. I know that I have talked about Great Lakes before but I've also been talking to a friend of mine who actually lived in Great Lakes. Aah. The perks of being a military wife. You can always find someone who has been where you want to go.

She loved Great Lakes. Yes, the work hours do suck being the hubbles will be handling boot camp kids. I mean, he'll be home at some point in time. It's not like he's going to be on sea duty after we leave Guam. He still has shore duty! (Guam is neutral duty. HOORAY!) My friend talked about all the wonderfully amazing shopping around Great Lakes. Oh I just sat there dreaming of how wonderful it would be to live in a place where I can buy anything I want without internet shopping & then being disappointed because they don't ship to Guam. Haha. She also mentioned the amount of kid-friendly stuff they have to do there. It sounds so amazing.

I don't know where I want to go for real. I want to be somewhere close enough to family without being riiight there in the same town. I know that we aren't moving until June 2010 (or 3 months earlier if we are lucky) but Jamie has to contact his detailer 9 months before we transfer. I want to be 110% positive this next time. Oh well.

-Anyway-

My baby is 5 months old! OMG! I cannot believe it!! Here are a few new pictures of my little love.


1 could possibly care:

Coty said...

Awww...she is just beautiful. And look at what a big girl she is, sitting all by herself!